2010/05/01

Strapless?


HM The garden collection, H&M, H&M SALE.

Both from Lindex

H&M, FAITH 21, NELLY.COM.

I am a proud owner of two strapless dresses. I wish I had more, cause they are hot! in the summer esp...however, I really have a hard time wearing them...I know I am silly and stupid, haven't really gotten all comfortable with my body. I have a hard time showing off too much skin, esp. around my shoulders and upper arms, something I'm always trying to fight and over come, but I really feel uncomfortable, one way for me to wear strapless without pairing it with a bollero or cardi, is if I have a nice tan. Am I alone?
How do you feel about strapless dresses?
your favorite maybe?
please inspire me, what could I pair it with etc. to feel more comfortable, without having to wear it with a cardi. (big earrings?)

10 comments:

Ulrika said...

Love the one from the garden collection and the pink one from Lindex. Feel the same about them though, plus i´m always scared they´ll get dragged down and show too much boob, i usually put a really basic and plain top, tee or a 3/4 sleeved top underneath, that way I don´t have to worry and still show off the whole dress plus it gives it a nice edge as well!But then on the other hand, you should just go for it and not worry.. :) xxx

The Pale and Pallor Princess said...

I like strapless dresses, they can be a bit tricky with bras though. The couple strapless ones I have I usually wear a cardigan or something overtop so I an just wear a regular bra. (lol, which kinda defeats the purpose of a strapless dress I guess) I adore that H&M one in the middle, it's so fun!

Gabi said...

I always feel better about showing off my arms with a good tan:) Dont worry, people will be looking at your beautiful face not your arms.

Gazel said...

I've had a problem with strapless dresses as well, but those are adorable!

Lodi said...

i never show my shoulders or upper arms! haha can't wait for summer til I'm a little tanned, then I'll think about bit...

But I WISH i could... but I wear'em with cardigans, blazers, jackets... BORING! ;)

Fatshion Forward said...

I love strapless dresses, and my prom dress is a strapless dress for this year.

I love it on you (:

Zatine said...

OMG den blåa!!! Den vill jag ha!!!!!

Jennifer aka. Jasifer said...

Yeah I think a tan does make it feel a bit more comfortable to show more skin. :) better work on that tan now...i feel so pale...SO PALE!:P

Who's Lipstick Is It? said...

I love a great strapless dress, can be left as is and dressed up even more with a hot heel or dressed down by layering a simple t-shirt under neath, LOVE THEM!
Xoxo
Stiletto

Katrin said...

Haha same here, I think many girls have a special problem with showing their arms and shoulders... I am wearing a plain tshirt under them, so the dress still got al the attention it should but I don't have to worry so much about my arms and not got the feeling of pulling the dress up every 2 minuts.
I like most hte pink one and the blue/black one.